Wednesday, 22 May 2013

No. 2 - Phase 1 Complete

Phase 1 is a simple idea, getting the site ready for public viewing even though there's nothing to see yet.

It means that by the launch date there should be no broken links to anywhere. So if you go to the site and click on any of the links it should take you to where you want to go.

In practise it was a lot more complicated and I've done a whole lot more with html than I ever have before.

The only thing that remains is something I like to call “Phase 1a”. A few days before the first update (3rd of June. Probably) I will hyperlink up the “first page” and “latest page” images with their correct links, I'm leaving it late because this will create 2 broken links on the site (which I don't like to have in case someone is on the site before launch day) but I want them there so that they work as soon as the first page is released.

Now we just wait (and do the other things I busy doing) till Phase 2...

Stay tuned.
-Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment